Qualifications for Social Media Manager remember before going to social media jobs
- 3-5 years of social media management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism, public relations, or related field.
- Professional certification in Google Analytics is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in using multi-social posting programs such as Hootsuite and HubSpot.
Working in social media
Job requirements and responsibilities in social media can vary widely, and you may notice some ambiguity in job titles and descriptions when you begin your own research into the field.
However, there are certain key tasks that tend to consistently fall under the social media marketing umbrella, irrespective of industry, company size, or seniority of the position advertised.
Typical tasks associated with social media jobs include:
- Creating content, e.g. text posts, video, and images for social media
- Promoting products, services, and content over social media
- Scheduling posts
- Interacting with customers
- Developing strategies and campaigns
- Managing a budget to be spent on promotional posts and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- Analyzing the performance of posts and campaigns
- Ensuring consistent branding across all departments
Don’t worry if some of these tasks look daunting now! remember before going to social media jobs Like any new career, succeeding in social media takes learning and commitment. Keep reading to find out how you can nail these skills and land a job you love in the field.